TAFE College commenced Real Estate training in 1998 and soon became Auckland’s No. 1 Real Estate Training Provider.
TAFE College was the first provider to teach the Salespersons Course in a classroom situation but has now reverted back to correspondence training with personalised Tutor support. The main reason for this change is that we have found over the years that student’s different learning styles and levels of understanding result in the slower students holding up the other students causing frustration. Being able to operate from home at your own pace has proved more satisfying for students.
All enrolled students are encouraged to make contact with their personal tutor if they are having problems with the course. We are available by phone, email or you can make an appointment for one on one assistance at 6 Mitchelson Street during normal working hours or come to our Workshop every Tuesday and Wednesday evening from 6pm until 7.00pm where Ngaire and Gary will discuss one of the Unit Standards. TAFE has an extremely competitive turnaround time for marking of assignments.
Course Cost $1800.00
NZQA Fees $75.00
Total Cost $1875.00
To ensure that you meet your tutor and go through the course material with them please call the office to make an appointment.
The real estate industry is exciting, and it attracts highly motivated individuals. As more money flows through the industry, the more regulated it needs to be for the direction and protection of all concerned.
- Incompetent and unethical behaviour inevitably leads to:
- Licensees making mistakes that lead to findings of unsatisfactory conduct / misconduct or civil litigation (and even criminal convictions if fraud or theft is involved) licensees cutting corners in order to complete a sale.
As with most sales-based industries, the ongoing success of the real estate industry depends on public confidence.
2016 Topic is ‘Professional Competence and Ethics’ and includes:
- Understanding key concepts
- Agency Agreements
- Sale & Purchase Agreements and Lease Agreements (from offer to settlement)
- Tender and Auction
- Risk Management
Responsibilities of Professional Competence and Ethics in Real Estate include.
- Licensees responsibilities in terms of professional competence and ethics, to manage risk and to protect the client, customer, self and real estate agency throughout all stages of the real estate transactional process.
- Individual and corporate responsibilities in terms of professional competence and ethics and the consequences of incompetent and / or unethical behaviour for real estate agencies and licensees.
- Responsibilities under the Code of Conduct and the Real Estate Agents Act 2008